Whew! What a week! I can't believe how quickly it has gone by. It seems as if the days have been non-stop and I haven't had time to take a breath.
This week I decided to start waking up extra early so I can get my runs in before I get ready for work. Wow! It was harder than I thought! But each morning got easier. I'm hoping my body will stop revolting and get used to what I'm making it do. "Yes, Body, I am making you get up early. Yes, you need to eat something so you have energy. Yes, I'm expecting you to move faster than a slow, unconscious shuffle. No, don't throw up!" It's been a struggle, but I feel so good about myself afterward. AND, I've even improved my average mile-time each day! So that's awesome. :)
Last week I worked on getting my email sent out asking for people to donate to my fundraiser. I got so many responses! I was SO excited each time I received a notification of a donation. I am so grateful for such generous people! I had to hold back tears each time an email came through telling me of yet another kind person who donated. They (you!) have helped me reach a place of #5 in our weekly High Roller Contest! Awesome! It just means so much to me that people would care enough to help this wonderful cause. Because it's really not about me. It's about helping those who are suffering with these incurable diseases. I'm so happy that I have a means of actually contributing. And of course my mind is constantly thinking of Tami and Matthew, who I am dedicating my training, energy, fundraising and half marathon to. My nearly 16 miles last week was all for them!
Saturday we got together as a team again for a group run. We heard from a fellow team member Patty, who has had Crohn's for 30 years. She said she has had lots of surgeries and doesn't have a lot of her insides left. She said she was doing this race to beat the clock - not that she thinks she is going to die soon, but that when she was in 8th grade, she participated in the Presidential Fitness Challenge at school and despite being sick at the time, she was determined to run that mile without stopping. She worked hard, huffed through it, and didn't stop!! She was so proud of her accomplishment and went over to her teacher to get her time. The teacher laughed and said, "Oh, I stopped the clock long ago". (What a horrible teacher!) So this time, Patty is determined to finish her race before they stop the clock on her. Just a truly inspiring story. I'm so proud to be able to run alongside her and many others in December.
While this has been an exhausting week, I have not lost my motivation. I am not discouraged. I am doing my best and not beating myself up for my inabilities. I just really give it my all and I know I can be proud of my efforts. I'm excited to see my progress and continue on my fundraising! We're now starting on week 3. 13 more to go!!
**Special Announcement**
An anonymous donor is willing to support our team and has provided us with a fundraising challenge. This donor has challenged our team to raise $30,000 in the month of September. If we accomplish this goal, they will donate $6,000 towards our overall team fundraising goal!!!
This is so exciting!! If you are willing to help us reach this awesome goal, please visit my donation website below:
http://www.active.com/donate/lv09dcvirginia/eblakemore
YOO HOO!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment