We also had a guest speaker come to talk to us about nutrition. She had some very knowledgeable information to pass on about balancing your diet, how to replace nutrients and fluids lost on long runs/workouts, and tips on how to listen to what your body needs. I hope to soak all of this in!
FUNDRAISING
I have a VERY exciting fundraising update! Friday morning I came in to work to find a notification stating that I received a large donation -- in fact, it was the EXACT amount I needed to reach my goal! I was SO excited, shocked, surprised, thankful, elated!!! When I looked to see who the generous donor was, I was even more shocked to see that I had no idea who this person was. I couldn't believe it. Did I just forget that I knew this person? I took a couple of days to try to figure out the acquaintance, but I came up blank. I emailed this person, and here is part of the response:
We have not met. While searching the Internet [I found] a link to your donation site.Again, I was just floored by this person's kindness! And from somebody with no real connection to me, my family or to the disease!! Really, I am so grateful. It truly touches my heart. This seems like such a small effort on my part, and yet the rewards are SO GREAT! I am continually humbled; yet proud to be the vehicle in which funds are raised for CCFA.
I do not know anyone with Crohn's or Colitis disease. But I am really impressed with your devotion to your siblings and your independent initative to help them and others suffering with the disease. The fundraising, the marathon, the website - really, not that many people (even those who have a loved one with Crohn's or Colitis) would go to all the effort. There are not enough people who do such things and I want to show my appreciation for those that do.
The result of this FABULOUS news is that I have increased my fundraising goal! I have now committed to raise $3800 for CCFA. I'm so excited to have the opportunity to do this. THANK YOU to all of you who have donated. I am equally grateful for everyone. Just knowing that you support me has fueled my motivation and I am continually impressed with the generosity and readiness of all to support this cause.
Our team is currently sitting in 4th place in fundraising out of all 27 chapters sending teams to Vegas. THANK YOU for helping us achieve our goals! As a reminder, my personal fundraising deadline is October 31st! Just a few weeks left. I know we can do this!!
No comments:
Post a Comment