Wednesday, November 18, 2009

In The Zone for Crohn's

Last night we had a FANTASTIC fundraising event!  I was one of 6 team members that participated in running the event.  This meant that we had to come up with at least 3 prizes to raffle off to people who attended.  There turned out to be SO many items/prizes to give away!  I won one of the prizes on behalf of my boss.  This was an autographed Jacksonville Jaguars football by QB David Garrard.  I thought that was a bit strange/random to have an autographed football from that team until I learned why.

David Garrard was diagnosed with Crohn's disease in 2004 and has since taken an active role in raising awareness for the disease as well as raising funds for CCFA.  One of the awesome programs he is involved in is "In the Zone for Crohn's". Centocor Ortho Biotech makes a donation of $10,000 to the CCFA for each touchdown Garrard scores, passing or rushing, during the 2009 NFL season.  This is a continuation of the program from last year, in which Garrard raised $170,000 for CCFA!  I thought this was AWESOME and wanted to share it with you.  So far, Garrard has raised $90,000 in the 2009 season.

Now this autographed football seems like a huge prize to have won.  Read more about him and his efforts to battle, raise awareness and funds for Crohn's Disease:  http://www.jnj.com/connect/news/all/20090909_120000


1 comment:

Tami said...

That is SO cool! What an honor it would be to have that football!